Growing fruit, vegetables and herbs: a practical training course
SESSION 2: ALL ABOUT SOIL, SATURDAY 18TH MARCH, 2017, from 10 am to 1 pm.
Outline of the session
- Soil basics – soil types, Ph test
- Identifying garden weeds- annuals and perennials
- Soil preparation – Plot clearing and digging
- Adding manure/compost /phosphate– when/how much
- Making your own compost
- Digging or no digging
- Plot planning, layout of the plot – bed or no bed
Lunch and discussion 1.00-1:30
Free to all SLI members, booking essential. Please contact me at the address below.
Sustainable Living Initiative
Marlpit Community Centre
Hellesdon Road, Norwich NR6 5EG
Tel: 01603 920570; Mob: 07969996646